- CEUs FOR YOU. Infant Massage USA’s four-day course and follow-up certification process awards CEUs for nurses, OTs, LMTs, lactation consultants, doulas, childbirth educators, Infant Mental Health Endorsement, social workers, IL Early Intervention and PTs in some states. For more information, go to: http://infantmassageusa.org/educators/educators.php – continuing
- OFFER POWERFUL NEW SKILLS TO PARENTS. When a parent learns to massage their baby, they also learn how to ask permission, read their baby’s cues, develop vital serve-and-return communication skills, to recognize their baby’s behavioral states and much more. It even helps them fall in love with their baby! Instead of just talking about these things, offer a skill that actually makes it happen.
One instructor shared with me: “Infant Massage is the most satisfying work I have ever done. One of the Early Head Start staff people I consult with told me: ‘It is the most perfect thing to accomplish all our goals. It does everything we are hoping for.’ Infant massage gets people to focus on what’s going on with their baby. All the talk, all the hours we spend with families, yet infant massage just does it so quickly.”
- ENHANCE YOUR OWN SKILLS. As a parent educator and support person, you will enhance your ability to listen, respond, teach and guide parents and their babies. We immerse ourselves in understanding baby language, and learn many ways to empower parents.
The head of an Early Intervention Agency told me: “This course is a must-have for any professional working with infants or working with parents of infants . . . everyone should know this information.”
- BECOME CERTIFIED. You will receive both an Infant Massage USA certificate – giving you the title Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM) – and an international certificate as a Certified Infant Massage Instructor. Add CEIM after your name and you will be part of an international organization with instructors in over 70 countries around the world. Let your supervisor, and your HR department know you have completed this certification process and post the certificate in your office!
- PRESENT CLASSES IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS. You will be able to offer classes to families both individually and in groups, through your work, or in your local community. You will receive a 28-page marketing booklet to make it easy to set up classes in your community.
“My overall experience has been amazing . . . . I was unaware how much satisfaction and gratification I would come away with after completing the classes . . . . Hearing about the responsiveness of the babies to the daily massage was heart-warming. It gave me pleasure to hear that because of a daily massage a baby was able to better relax before bedtime and that a baby was having more regular bowel movements due to the stomach massage.“